Role :Junior Estimator
Location : Dublin
About the Role :
We are currently looking for a Junior Estimator / Quantity Surveyor to assist with the estimating function for the company, including, but not limited to: completing quantity take offs, preparing cost estimates and preparing tenders.
- Analyze and interpret construction drawings, specifications and addendums to ensure codes and regulations are met and prepare quantity take-offs, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Solicit subcontractors for pricing information.
- Evaluate subcontractors for pricing information.
- Material take-offs.
- Scan, print, and organize plans.
- Draft and email clear quotes including accurate details needed to receive pricing from capable suppliers.
- E-mail and/or over the phone. Maintain communication on status of all quotes.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Level 8 or Higher in a related Qualification
- Computer skills; Web navigation, document scanning, typing, Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Office application competency.
- Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask, and have flexibility.
- Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities. Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
- Logical troubleshooting skills.
We are a family run business, and have been in the industry for 50+ years and pride ourselves on the quality of our work. We like to think we have a great team of people and your ability to work as a part of this team is essential.